What is PSQM?
The Primary Science Quality Mark is an award scheme to enable primary schools across the UK to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their science provision. Schools can achieve bronze, silver and gold awards..
The Primary Science Quality Mark vision is for a sustainable award programme to enable primary schools across the UK to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their science provision.
Why was PSQM needed?
- High stakes assessment had detrimental effect on quality of science teaching and learning in primary schools
- Lowering of profile of science in primary schools following removal of science SAT
- To raise the profile of science in primary schools
- To provide schools with a framework and professional support for developing science leadership, teaching and learning
- To celebrate excellence in primary science
- To work with existing and facilitate new networks across the UK and wider to provide local support for primary science
- To assemble and make accessible to the wider science education community a rich data base of current practice in primary science.