- To raise the profile of science in primary schools.
- To provide schools with a framework and professional support for developing science leadership, teaching and learning.
- To celebrate excellence in primary science.
- To work with existing and facilitate new networks across the UK and wider to provide local support for primary science.
- To assemble and make accessible to the wider science education community a rich data base of current practice in primary science
Primary Science Quality Mark is a primary science school improvement programme that raises the standard of teaching and learning in primary science through improving the practice of the science subject leader.